Coyotes close trails...

HARPERC

The strangeness continues in California, reports of aggressive coyotes have closed popular hiking trails in Golden Gate Park. Oh how I wish they would have started relocating wolves in Yosemite first. Might have brought the whole state to a complete stop.

Aggressive towards people? Or is that people just are not used to seeing the coyotes aggresive towards lady coyotes?

I believe agressive towards people and especially dogs. It may be worse this time of year, but from reading the news it continues through the year. My sister in the East Bay reports it's ongoing where she walks the dog. My personal favorite is after a coyote grabbed her little dog off the leash Jessica Simpson offered a $500 reward! I don't think they took it for ransom! Cartoon biology. Behavior may start during denning/breeding season, but once learned it's likely to re-"curr". (pun intended) Personally it's ridiculous we're devolving to the point problem animals can't be dealt with.

Liberal, PETA, tree huggers are gonna be the down fall. When an over populated wild animal takes precedence over humans the only conclusion is that people are brain dead. Letting others decide that this animal has more rights than you? how far will it go?
Who came up with the lame idea that the your rights to enjoy the outdoors should be discontinued to give pests more room should be neutered or spayed so they can't possibly breed!!
sorry for the rant [sorta]

I was on a military installation is southern California several years back that had a massive coyote problem and they supposedly couldn't do anything about it. There were packs of them everywhere you looked.

Not only yotes, week after director of Fish and Game California took Mt lion in Idaho that all the tree huggers got there panties in a wad over. A lady was walking her dog (small) one down walk path in Monterey, Carmel Valley and Mt Lion grabbed the dog by head and headed to the brush.
Sure didn't hear about that on the new front.
Charlie

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.