Coyote Hunting land needed Michigan

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by callingthewild, Oct 13, 2013.

1. callingthewild

callingthewild Well-Known Member

Hello everyone from Michigan, I'm looking for places to hunt Coyotes this winter after Deer Season Dec-March.
    I live in North Central Michigan Between Big Rapids - Mt. Pleasant, but will be willing to travel if you have enough Coyotes for me to take in your area.
    Please let me know. gun)

2. sourdough44

sourdough44 Well-Known Member

After the deer hunters clear out you will almost have the public lands to yourself, especially weekdays.

I'd get a MI Gazetteer map & maybe some plat books of the counties in question & start scouting.

3. callingthewild

Have two plat books of the county I live in and the one north of me, I know I'll have most of the state land being retired. I was looking for private land as well, there are some great big land parcels around, was hopping maybe a farmer, cattle, sheep etc.

Thanks for your thoughts though, much appreciated.

CTW gun)

4. westcliffe01

westcliffe01 Well-Known Member

Get yourself some business cads printed as well as a cover letter telling land owners who you are and what you are looking for. Then drop it off in mailboxes in your target area. Hit the best area for you a few times. Someone will come calling.

5. callingthewild

Thanks westcliffe01 Already ahead of you, I started to do this years ago when Turkey hunting became available and everyone wasn't yet into the sport.

Thanks for your input, much appreciated.

CTW gun)