COW fire forming tips

Thank you. This kind of information is exactly why I posted here. I did score 100 Barnes 250 Gr X bullets (for $20.99 a box of 50) so getting closer. Redding FL 2 die set is $210 on midway USA. Would I need another die for forming from 375 or 8mm??

8mm.Mag is easier than .375H&H - but both fine Any Fast pistol powder ( I prefer Unique @ around 17 gr.) filled with CofW or Dacron powder - then plugged with any bar soap 🧼- will give you desired results -
for my ole Remington 22" 700 BDL 85.+- 4350 w/ 250gr. Speer Grand Slams & REM Mag. Primers I got 3000fps. @15' and there is nothing on this continent that would make me pause - good luck - & I recommend a Decelerator 👍 with a Straight Stock

I've read several comments expressing concerns on the COW technique having adverse effects on your factory/custom bbl. With the current component shortage I'd really like to use the COW method on two newer AI chambers.
I see several users-who are frequent forum participants-who use the process. Any user experience that suggests this is not an advisable technique? Not meaning to hijack this post, just requesting advice. Thanks

I'm using this method to fire form 25-06 to 6.5-06AI. I haven't been doing it long but have had success using Titegroup with cream of wheat, topped with a balled up piece of paper towel I stuff in with a center punch. I started with 10% case capacity for that powder, determined by filling the case completely to the top then calculated 10% of that. I then started working up until I was getting a good shoulder. I ended up doing it twice for each piece of brass to ensure it got formed all the way. Not sure if it was needed but wanted to make sure they were formed completely so that they would be consistent.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.