Correct scope install process request

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by mmmooretx, May 4, 2010.

1. mmmooretx

mmmooretx Well-Known Member

I am looking for the correct scope mount/install process as I think I have my scope mounted too far back. I have printed Shawn Carlock article on "Fitting the long range rifle" but it does not seem to cover the eye relief/parallax. My scope does not have the parallax adjust knob only the focus/diopter at the back (Trijicon 2.5-10X 56mm mil dot TR22-2G).
    Thanks in advance, I am just trying to tighten up my groups by eliminating all possible faults from caused from behind the butt plate...
    Mike

2. Loner

Loner Well-Known Member

I keep adjusting and changing rings (if I missed it that bad) until I can shoulder the
    gun with eyes shut, open them and I am dead on. I use tape and rolled cardboard to
    find the ring height I want. If you can make it a natural pointing gun you will have
    less eyestrain and parallax errors. A little tunneling in many of the 4x scopes today is
    impossible to avoid on the higher powers. They are a compromised design and the
    tunneling effect is built into the scope.