Cops Helping Soldiers, Inc. (help)

Motor622

Cops Helping Soldiers, Inc. is a new Colorado based non-profit foundation which takes wounded veterans on hunting, fishing, and other outdoor adventures. Our mission is to provide opportunities for these veterans to get into the outdoors away from the stress of dealing with their injuries, doctor visits, and daily tasks related to their individual situations.
We rely strongly on outfitters, property owners, and experienced hunters who allow these heroes access to private property for hunting, fishing, and Theraputic adventures. All licensing fees are paid by the foundation in addition to liability insurance coverage listing the property owners as "Additionally Insured" during the event.
We are currently seeking hunting and fishing opportunities for 2014 with hopes to have video production of these hunts.
Our hope to establish a close relationship with our supporters and build strong networking ties between these veterans and citizens who care and appreciate the sacrifices.

If you would PM me some info about starting up something like that back in my home state of KY. I'll be out of the military soon and I have access to a good bit of land I would like to bring the guys from FT Campbell up for deer and bird hunting trips. As well as fishing once I up grade boats a little. Thanks for the help

The Founder/Chairman is a 24 year veteran police officer who has suffered several on duty injuries. He develpoed this foundation as a way to give back to US service persons injured while performing their duties. Our mission is to give them opportunities to get into nature and share hunting and fishing experiences with other people fighting some of the same issues. Our goal is to develope a networking of people who truley care to include property owners, outfitters, and other veterans.
The heroes we serve depend on private property access and OR donated hunt packages. As you can imagine, a warrior confined to a wheelchair simply does not have the mobility to hunt heavily wooded terrain.
We are currently planning events for 2014 and would like to invite the Outdoor Channel or Sportsman Channel to film a few of them.
If you or anyone else would like to have more information on out program, please feel free to email me.

As a 20 year Police Veteran who was forced to retire in 2006 from a back injury,while on duty, I applaud all you guys for what you are doing. I have been involved in South Carolina, with the "Wheelin' Sportsmen" events put on by The National Wild Turkey Federation and The U. S. Forest Service for the pasted 2 years. I am not one of the handicapped hunters, but provide land and guide services to these men and women. Let me tell ya'll there is no feeling in this world like seeing the faces of these courageous men and women. Not just when they harvest a deer, but just being outdoors. I encourage anyone who can volunteer to help out in any way to please do so, your soul will feel better for the pleasure of helping these guys out!

i am a hunter in wyoming, if you had a soldier that could get a elk tag in wyoming, i could take him/her on a back country pack-in hunt. i have always wanted to do something like this. looking forward to your reply. Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts