Cooper or HS Precision

nebhunt

Opinions wanted on what you think of the Cooper rifle and or the HS Precision sporter rifle. I am thinking of a new deer rifle to add to the safe.

Buddy of mine has a Cooper Excalibur in 280 AI, and an HS Precision in 300 win mag. Both are fine rifles and both shoot very well. The HS is a bit lighter to carry.

It's going to come down to you handling both, side by side if you can, to make the choice.

Good luck!

I'm going through the same decision right now. Both have same accuracy guarantee and the coop is a grand cheaper. The cooper is looking better and better. I see no reason to spend the extra dough for the same guarantee.

I am looking at the 270 wsm or 7mm wsm but that would only be available in the HS. If I go with the Cooper a 280 AI looks good. There is a shop here in Ne that has a few Coopers but I don't know of any that have HS Precision rifles on hand. I have a Kimber Montana that I like how it fits.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.