HS Precision Rifles

TimeOnTarget

Im looking at buying a HS custom rifle. Their SPL in 6.5x284 to be exact.

They seem pretty knowledgeable from talking to them over the phone.

Anyone have experience with their rifles?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an HS Precision 338 RUM that I bought several years ago. I like the rifle and it shoots good. The barrel is a little light for such a large capacity case and it will shift POI after it heats up, but if I let it cool between shots it will shoot 1/2 moa. This rifle is mainly a gun safe queen, it rarely gets used as I have had some custom rifles built that are superior and I like better.

I do not hesitate to say they make a fine rifle........ However, for the price and the lead time you can buy a (or at least come very close to it) a fully custom rifle from some of the reputable rifle builders on this site. I suggest you look at Len's company on this site (long range rifles). He is offering fully custom rifles at good prices and keeps a few in stock and offers very short lead times (just a few weeks) on other rifles. Kirby Allen and Shawn Carlock are two rifle builders I have experience with and I would highly recommend either. It just depends on how quickly you want your rifle, you would need to contact them for lead times

In short..... HS Precision, nice rifle. For the money I would go fully custom.

My friend has 2 of their customs that he bought on gunbroker and they shoot well. Very consistent groups from .4 to .6 inch with various factory ammo. Calibers are .300 wsm and .270 win

Thanks Guys, One more question,

Both Len's guns and HS guns come with a 1/2moa Guarantee.

What am i actually getting for the 700-800 bucks more in one of len's rifles or another custom rifle?

Thanks

If you have the time, get one built to your exact liking. your choice of stock, barrel, color, weight of rifle, caliber, etc... Start backwards with the bullet of choice first, then chose the case that you want to push it for the intended purpose. Custom actions a VERY nice but in a large caliber hunting rifle it is hard to tell the difference between a well trued M70 or M700 action with a tuned trigger.

IMO

Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.