Converting my Savage 111 .300 WinMag from DBM to a Blind Mag

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by jcooper1389, Apr 8, 2012.

1. jcooper1389

jcooper1389 Member

i want to put a new thumbhole stock on my savage 111..it is a drop box mag and i cannot find any pistol grip stocks/tactical stocks that fit the centerfeed dbm style...all that i have found out is to buy a mag box and fit it to my rifle...i have no idea how to do that lol..im no gunsmith but would love to start working on my own rifles for a hobby and this is my project gun...once i learn to do most stuff myself i will build my "ideal" Rem 700 for long range hunting..

anyways...any links to this type of stock i can buy or exactly what i need to convert to a blind mag/how to do it/tools required is what im asking....anything is appreciated...oh and my rifle is only a couple months old if that helps any

thanks fellas

2. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

3. jcooper1389

jcooper1389 Member

those threads were opposite of what i wanna do..so i guess i can just reverse the process...thanks man

4. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Sorry, you were too quick to respond (I too was to quick to respond and failed to realize what you're trying to accomplish :cool:) to my original post ... as you can see as I realized it, went in and change my response (see time stamped). :Dlightbulb:)

Anyways, Kevin should be able to help or at least steer you to the right direction. Good luck!

Ed

5. jcooper1389

jcooper1389 Member

oh cool...never saw that savage site before and ima check kevin out now...again thanks for the advice!