Conquest vs Meopro

nctta

Looking to buy one of the two. Meopro 4-12x50 or Conquest 4.5-14x50...which one and why?

and of those two scopes u mentioned if youre going with a plex reticle id get the zeiss. the meopta duplex is quite a bit thinner than the zeiss. the #4 on meopta is really nice tho

Ive never seen that comment in print or posted publicly before. You'll have to prove it to me

Besides being to the factory in NY and seeing it myself, the only other way I can prove is is by asking where Zeiss's US manufacturing facility resides. It's common knowledge in the industry that Meopta is an OEM manufacturer not only for many sport optics divisions but for other industrial and military entities as well. Some are obvious such as Cabelas. Some not so obvious like the Conquest which is being phased out in favor of the Tera and the Conquest HD5. If you look hard you can find other examples. For instance:
Meopta Meostar 82mm Angled HD Combo- Meopta Meostar Spotting Scope With 30-60X Eye Piece 543230
Nightforce TS-82

Meopta :: A better view of the world ......... it's even in their company description: Meopta is a global manufacturer of precision optics, specializing in the design, engineering and assembly of complex optical, opto-mechanical and opto-electronic systems. Meopta creates innovative, total solutions for the consumer, industrial and military markets.

Besides being to the factory in NY and seeing it myself, the only other way I can prove is is by asking where Zeiss's US manufacturing facility resides. It's common knowledge in the industry that Meopta is an OEM manufacturer not only for many sport optics divisions but for other industrial and military entities as well. Some are obvious such as Cabelas. Some not so obvious like the Conquest which is being phased out in favor of the Tera and the Conquest HD5. If you look hard you can find other examples. For instance:
Meopta Meostar 82mm Angled HD Combo- Meopta Meostar Spotting Scope With 30-60X Eye Piece 543230
Nightforce TS-82

Meopta :: A better view of the world ......... it's even in their company description: Meopta is a global manufacturer of precision optics, specializing in the design, engineering and assembly of complex optical, opto-mechanical and opto-electronic systems. Meopta creates innovative, total solutions for the consumer, industrial and military markets.

Besides me personally being told that the Zeiss lenses are made in Europe and scopes etc constructed here in NEW JERSEY....Id have to doubt your statement about seeing Zeiss scopes coming down the manufacturing line!!

And Meoptra being a manufacture for many companies I dont doubt that a bit. In your second paragraph delete Meopta and plug in Nikon! Its fits also!
You havent proven a single thing to me

So which has better glass? Is there a measurable difference between the two lines?

I like the Conquest. Good coatings for less glare than a lot of scopes. Might try to go to a retailer and compare the 2 directly. Or buy both and compare at home. Then return one. As long as you have not mounted it most places will accept the return. Bruce

I have a ziess conquest 4.5-14x44 rapid z1000
and a meopta zd 3-12x50 tactic ffp mil dot and mil turrets.
A luepold vx111
meopta is clearer and sharper than ziess and luepold.
In my research on meopta before buying i learned meopta makes the glass
and some internal parts for ziess and ior scopes and many more.

I personally have not checked out the meopro line before but do own a Meostar 4-16x44 and compared it to a friends conquest out in the field one day. I know the meostar is a step up, but I am amazed with the Meopta's glass. To me clarity was noticeably better than with the zeiss and early light is where I noticed the most difference between the two. I have the meopta mounted on my 300 rum and have fired probably 300 rounds through it and only once did I ever notice my zero changing and only by about 1". I had little knowledge of Meopta before getting this one but I will definitely check out their products when in the market in the future. For the price point though I think it comes down to features and details that you are looking for. For the money I cant see going wrong with either but would recommend the meopta since I have a few years experience with mine and no complaints.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.