Compressed loads

Bigeclipse

i understand what a compressed load is but I read mixed info on whether you should stay away from them or not. Some say it can actually cause the bullets to be slightly pushed out over time. The reason I'm asking is I recently posted a thread about loads for a 7mm08 and many stated popular powder for 7mm08 is ramshot big game. From I read in noslers reloading manual for their 120gr ballistic tip is it will be a compressed load at the middle-max charge area which is what I typically target in a load is towards max charge end. So can anyone explain to me the issues with compressed loads and considerations one should take if you load with compressed loads. Thanks!

use a drop tube powder funnel , and pour the powder slowly . this will help settle the powder in the case . I've had compressed loads that did push the bullet out after setting over night . I just reseated the bullets and they stayed where I wanted after this .
RL17 is another powder for the 7-08 . I use it in one of mine with 140gr bullets .

I have a vibrator right beside the loading area. Before I take the funnel off the case I touch the case to the vibrator. It acts as though there is a vacuum in the case.

I have a vibrator right beside the loading area. Before I take the funnel off the case I touch the case to the vibrator. It acts as though there is a vacuum in the case.
What kind of vibrator do you use if you don't mind me asking?

another thing you will probably run into is , the bullet seating depth . it is harder to keep your seating depth consistent with compressed loads . if the powder is settled in the case more that bullet will seat deeper .

I use an electric tooth brush motor to vibrate the compressed loads. Helps a bunch

57FDF711-C9CD-4415-92CC-5ACDCFA0F97C.jpeg
38D8B27E-CB1C-4501-AB21-228DA79E5263.jpeg
Hopefully you guys are still around. I want to avoid starting a new thread if possible.
If the manual says that the load I am doing is 104% of the case capacity will this drop tube powder funnel / vibrator get the excess powder into the case?
I am using the Norma 217 and RL-33. I should be ok on the RL-33, except for the last fee grains on some cases but the Norma 217 is over capacity even for the minimum load.
THANKS!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.