Compact Binos

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by chain, Dec 21, 2009.

1. chain

chain Well-Known Member

After my first elk hun tthis fall, I need to lighten my load. I am thinking of getting some compact binos. I am using Nikon Monarch ATB 10 X 42's now. Any reccomendations? Thanks

2. grinnergetter

grinnergetter Well-Known Member

Check out the leica's...10x25's are great for packing and lookin. Only thing I could wish for would be lens covers.

Grin

3. winmagman

winmagman Well-Known Member

You could give the Zeiss 10x25s a look, small enough to fit in a shirt pocket, good enough glass to see just about anything you need to. I'm really liking mine.

Chris

4. chain

chain Well-Known Member

Thanks I have been looking at those two choices. I like both of them.

5. Yippeekiay

Yippeekiay Well-Known Member

If you'd like to save a bit of cash but keep the awesome glass give IOR a look-see. I've a few of their scopes, mostly because I can't justify the exorbitant prices of some of the other brands, and really ain't missing a thing.
    Good Luck!

6. NJS

NJS Well-Known Member

For 21 years I have been using a pair of Leica compacts and they are as good today as the day I bought them. I take them with me on all my hunts and business trips. I thought they were expensive when I bought them, they have been the cheapest binocular I have ever owned! NJS

7. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member