Colorado Units 53 & 63

Camo123

Has anyone hunted in Units 53 or 63 near Paonia, Colorado? I am planning a rifle hunt in that area for the second season and I am looking for some guidance. Suggestions on areas to hunt, to avoid, terrain, vegetation. Thanks in advance!

See will be crowded, 10-12 of us, been doing it 20 plus years. Lots of Oak brush down lower and usually will have Deer hunters pushing things around. Take a look at Interocean Pass. Not much pressure up there but it's a 2 hour plus. Makes a great spike camp and a down hill pack. There are some 4 wheeler trailers but stay on them please. There are lots of bears and this year there are berries and acorns. There is great hunting in 63 through the pass the the Elk Wilderness. It's a long pack but the terrian is'nt to bad. Hook around the back side of Browning Mountain looking at Mt. Gunnison. Big hidden valley, lots of water and great hunting. Use google earth and take a look. Come into the area via the road to Mississippi Creek and turn off to Beaver Res. Take a look and I will try to help. PM me for more details and maybe we will see you in our camp. Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.