Colorado hunting in may

spdcrazy

I'm located in Denver and have may 11-20th off. Idk what I want to do, but I need to get out in the woods. Recently moved here (1yr+)

I could possiblygo to a surrounding state. Thinking of a hike in hunt maybe? Thoughts? Ideas?

I would try some coyote hunting. Or prairie dog shooting. May is part of the calving season for things like deer and elk so they are pretty much off limits.

Ya I knew that the timing wasn't optimal. Yote hunting is my backup plan. Still have time to figure something out.

Other than coyotes, Eurasian Doves and the spring turkey are the only things that I know of that time of year.

Turkey is an option I haven't thought about. A bow turkey hunt would be awesome!

I am going hog hunting in late Feb. Might cure my hunting itch. Prob not... No.. Definitely not

Turkey is an option I haven't thought about. A bow turkey hunt would be awesome!

I am going hog hunting in late Feb. Might cure my hunting itch. Prob not... No.. Definitely not

I'm hoping to hunt turkeys in CO, after I finish up on my NE hunt.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.