cold bore 869 yard first round hit!

Punisher

this is a 10x11 plate and i made it the night before out of some scrap we found. i took it out to 869 yards and made my longest first round hit yet.

I was pretty proud of that, it's taken much time and effort to get my ballistic charts that dialed in and perfect. i was about 2.5" high and 1.5" left.

after this i shot a group and it wasn't anything overly impressive, but i kept almost all of them on the plate. i missed one of 19 due to poor body positioning and my son took a shot and missed.

conditions were cloudy at 08:15 shooting wnw with a 5mph wind from the nnw.

Attachments

• 869 yard hit.jpg
    869 yard hit.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 15
Excellent shooting. I'm still trying to get there...
Really like the frame for the steel. Looks like it would be quick to setup. I might borrow that idea, if you don't mind. :)

no problem. i only have a little over $7 in the whole thing. so if i destroy it, no biggie. all the frame is, is 2 2x4's nailed together with a hole drilled through that i shoved an old model t axle through. works just fine and didn't cost anything.

Good shooting , what cartridge and type of rifle?

it was a 7mm rem mag. it is a Rem action with a Shilen barrel. x-mark pro trigger in an M40 stock... soon to be an AICS chassis. and JP Eliminator brake

scope is an Oculus 6-24x50 that i sold off to the neighbor kid to put on his 7mm. i just ordered a vortex viper PST 6-24x50 it should be here in 2-3 more days.

Attachments

• 7mm mag.jpg
    7mm mag.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 12
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.