Coeur d'Alene Idaho Gunsmith?

Mel doyle in plummer, just a bit south of you. or, if you can convince them to work on your gun, defensive edge. However, i think they arent taking in any more services other then the guns they build.

Very Nice, Thanks Guys!! Kampfeld looks like they have lots of experience, I'll have to give them a call!!

Gary:D

Well I spoke with Karl at Kampfeld, he said that he hasn't done a custom in a couple of years, he is primarily just doing fluting etc. Just so happens that I need some of that done as well.

North Idaho Hunter, do you happen to know Mels Number??

Yes, his phone number is 208-686-1006. He works monday through wednesday i believe. He's getting up there in age, but that guy has been doing smith work for the past 40+ years.

He's not much into the "long range" game, if you want more of that, there is matt whaley in coeurdalene, but i do not think he does repairs, more of just barrel swaps, triggers, etc.

Well I spoke with Karl at Kampfeld, he said that he hasn't done a custom in a couple of years, he is primarily just doing fluting etc. Just so happens that I need some of that done as well.

North Idaho Hunter, do you happen to know Mels Number??

I was in his shop here in MI just prior to his move, and saw more than just fluting going on. He may have revised his focus after his move to ID.

If he's willing to do what you need, I would still recommend him.

Hes a ways away from you, but check out Dallas Lane (Lane Precision Rifles) in Pocatello. You will find a bunch of his builds on here. He built a 280ai for me that is an absolute tach driver.

Bull creek arms
11100 Airport road suite 8
Hayden Idaho
208-691-1043

There be Another on Government way south of Hayden Ave and gov way. Jim's gunsmithing but I recommend Bull creek.

Yeah, Karl didn't sound like he was interested in doing a custom build at this time, sounded like he had enough to do with the fluting etc. which he was willing to do what I have to do.

Initially I want to pull the 338 jamison barrel off of that action and have 270 wsm built. Than later use the 338 barrel for a 338 Norma custom.

I will have to check out the other smiths mentioned and see if they do that kind of work. I have had Jim's do some stuff, he is primarily a shotgun guy.

Thank you for all the responses!!!!

Gary

Brown dog gunsmithing. Athol Idaho according to his web site he does custom work. Had a guy on Sunday just before end of deer season with his semi custom .300 ultra tell me of another one in Priest river or spirit lake that does nice work still trying to find that one.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.