co units 21,22 first season

brushape86

now that the elk results are out, cpw has made up my mind for me and ill be hunting bulls this year in units 21, 22, 30-32. Ill be up for the whole season and an additional 3 days scouting before hand but other than that scouting time and google earth im starting from scratch. Anyone have any pointers on this area? I know its a popular area for deer and has a decent % success on bulls. I couldnt be more excited

If you are in unit 21 Hunt close to the Utah border near rat hole the Utah side is a limited trophy unit and big bulls will cross over looking for cows

I elk hunt the Piceance area in unit 22 during muzzleloader. never hunted rifle but I know there is a healthy population in that area. I've taken 2 bulls there and family have harvested a few more. Never giant but nice. This is last years.

this hunt is coming up thanks for any info, pm me for any last minute suggestions id love to hear anything about this area

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.