CO 2nd Season Elk Nuttiness

• Thread starter Deleted member 107796
  • Start date
I agree, the OTC tags are out of control. But that's how the CPW gets a lot of it's funds. It doesn't matter around here if you hunt off the road or ride a horse in 15 miles, there are way too many hunters. The elk reproduction numbers prove it.

The Maybell area zone 1,2 etc is highly restricted . Very limited elk tags like Zone 2 for instance 32 to 36 tags depending on the year. This very limited hunting is what keeps these zones in high demand. Thousands applying. Can take 15 to 17 years to draw for residence hunters . Much longer for non's. . Daybell is far from the typical elk hunting zone in Colorado.

That's why I quit hunting co. It's a beautiful place with some very nice people but like some other states hunting is a cash cow now

The Maybell area zone 1,2 etc is highly restricted . Very limited elk tags like Zone 2 for instance 32 to 36 tags depending on the year. This very limited hunting is what keeps these zones in high demand. Thousands applying. Can take 15 to 17 years to draw for residence hunters . Much longer for non's. . Daybell is far from the typical elk hunting zone in Colorado.
I consider myself fortunate to have living their and experiencing the lifestyle in which I and my wife had.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.