Cleaning powder

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Rendezvous, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Rendezvous

Rendezvous Member

New to reloading, is there any truth to a powder out there that cleans brass out of the barrel?

2. Engineering101

Engineering101 Well-Known Member

There are not powders that clean brass out of a gun barrel because there are no opportunities to get brass into a gun barrel. Copper however does get deposited from copper jacketed or solid copper bullets and must eventually be removed to maintain accuracy. I seem to remember a powder that would minimize this effect but I can’t say for sure. Were I new to reloading as are you, I’d worry about everything but this issue.

3. BaconFat

BaconFat Active Member

I wonder if you were thinking of Hodgdon CFE223? It's suppose to reduce copper fouling. It's not something you load up a few rounds and send down the tube to clean up your barrel.

4. Rendezvous

Rendezvous Member

I apologize I mention to say copper, got brass on the brain. I guess just trying to protect my investment.

5. Rendezvous

Rendezvous Member

Not really sure someone mentioned it at the reloading isle wish I had wrote it down just thought I would throw it out there to see if it would stick seems like it sounded like vitoria