Chucks in So Utah

onzah

I have been making a trip to Idaho for some chuck shooting with an old farmer friend on a yearly basis each spring and would like to make a few more trips but 7 hours is a long drive. I have found a few chucks here and there but have not found a good supply closer than about 5 hours. Anybody seen any chucks in the Henry Mountains, fish Lake, or Richfield area? I found a few on Cedar Mountain and Boulder but they are hard to find and a lot of people.

Pretty much the same thing. I live in Salina, about 15 min. north of Richfield. Idaho is a good place to go, but it's getting pretty scarce around here too.

where abouts in Utah are you hunting chucks?
I live in ogden area and have shot parire dog in wyoming but i would like to try something new. The areas you are talking about is it on privite land or public?
I dont know about if parire dogs in Utah are leagle to shoot but there is a good population around the parawon area or close to that area. I was going to St. George last week and i noitced them off the side of the high way.

Most of the chucks we shoot are on private land. I haven't been scouting much for public land chucks, yet. Utah has a "season" for praire dogs April 1-June 15 http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/news/07-04/prairie_dogs.php. DO NOT SHOOT ANY DOGS DOWN BY PAROWAN, PARAGONA or CEDAR CITY or surrounding ares there they are protected and come at a high price. It sucks I know, most of the dogs we shoot are out by Green River, Emery Co., and up by Vernal on private land.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.