chronograph

Question for LabRadar owners.
How do I start a new "Series" without powering the unit off and restarting it?
I couldn't activate a new series without powering down. Is there a method? Without powering off and back on again?

Question for LabRadar owners.
How do I start a new "Series" without powering the unit off and restarting it?
I couldn't activate a new series without powering down. Is there a method? Without powering off and back on again?
OK. I played with my unit and figured it out.
After the unit has been powered up and armed, the user must push and hold the "arm" button for 2 -3 seconds, in order to start a new "Series", or string. After holding the arm button for 2 - 3 seconds, then tap the "Series" button, and the menu will ask if you want to start a new "Series". Select Yes and tap Enter, and the unit will start a new Series / String.

I think I need one. Tagging on. I've been using MagnetoSpeed for 2 years now and it has been great, there has been slit POI change using it but not bad, this weekend using it on a new custom rifle build with proof barrel for load development my POI is over a foot high, off target, that through my whole concentration level off, took it off and back to hitting the bull, I quit for the day.

I think I need one. Tagging on. I've been using MagnetoSpeed for 2 years now and it has been great, there has been slit POI change using it but not bad, this weekend using it on a new custom rifle build with proof barrel for load development my POI is over a foot high, off target, that through my whole concentration level off, took it off and back to hitting the bull, I quit for the day.
Now that is unacceptable. I've never heard of anything like that from a magneto speed. I have used one for at least 3 years and not experienced anything close to this. Then again I haven't used it on a proof barrel. That makes me suspicious of a problem with the barrel, barrel fit, or action to stock mounting problems. I would be interested to hear if others have had this severe of a POI shift while using a magneto speed. Thanks for sharing your experience on this.

That's what I thought, went out yesterday morning for some more load work. Shot 3 groups, 2 without magneto speed .2 and .4 bulls eyes and put on magneto speed to shoot last 5 rounds to verify SD and ES, 9 inches high and 1" to right at least it wasn't a foot off this time. I feel like I got the load dialed now, but I'm going to keep checking and see if poi shifts any. This has been the case with other steel barrels but only about 4-6" poi change. I even shot some factory rounds the other day just to make sure it wasn't my load and the same thing happened. Gun has shot great every time out as long as the magno isn't attached.

The largest problem in the use of the LabRadar is: The unit can not be remotely armed (yet). According to distributor, this option will become available in December... for Android phone/tablet owners, using a Bluetooth App that is in the works.

You hit the nail on the head here. It's the only inconvenience I have found with mine, been using it since they first came out. I guess battery life was one, but that has been addressed. Eagerly waiting the APP to remotely arm and to see what else it will do.

What contours on your steel barrels?
Wondering if you use lighter contour barrels...

This has been the case with other steel barrels but only about 4-6" poi change.
The reason I asked was you indicated you've experienced POI changes with other steel barrels of 4-6" POI change.

This concern was the reason I purchased the LabRadar.

Had a Magnetospeed V3 ordered but cancelled after reading this and others. My rifles are all sporter contours. Probably go for LabRadar at some point, but I decided I can't deal with group size change with/without the V3 mounted. I want to note size/pattern and velocity at the same time. Too many other variables to worry about than to add another one.

I've been using a Caldwell. I plug my phone into it and everything is saved on their app on my phone. I then take a pic of the shot group that also gets stored on the app. The battery life seems to be excellent.

I purchased the magnetospeed sporter about 2 years ago. Definitely not the fanciest thing out there but it's easy to use and works very well. The downside, yes there is a POI shift when attached. I run it on 26.25 inch lilja rem varmint 30 cal and a 26 inch krieger .264. The POI on the lilja is approximately 1 moa at 200 yards while the krieger has a shift around 2 moa at 200. My groups do open up slightly as well.

The 300wm just got a new chassis with a handguard so I will be purchasing a mount from MK Machining to keep the chonor off my barrel.

(I will be purchasing a mount from MK Machining to keep the chonor off my barrel.)

Could you tell/show me what your thinking about. Might save me some $ over a new chonor.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts