Christensen Ridgeline

hifi

I'm looking at one of these in 300 win...a lot of dough to put down for me...anyone have any experience with one?
Thanks for your time.

I don't have any experience with the rifle, but if you use the search function at the top of the page you will get some info. Good luck

I have been shooting the Classic II in 300 win for a while now. Plus I have a Ridgeline coming in 300 win. The Classic has been great and killed elk to 700 plus for us.

Jeff

I shot a .308 and it held subMOA with 168 SMKs, and my buddy has one in 26 Nosler that shoots subMOA easily.

Those are my only experiences with them.

Christensen's are a lot of money, in my opinion, for what you get. If you get the summit series then you can get a 1/2 moa gun....for the small fee of ~$5k

I believe the rest of their models are sub moa, which means you can take your pick of maker and get the same deal. You can get a Bergara rifle with a sub moa guarantee for well under $1k and the woods stocks are beautiful.. or go with a savage, while butt ugly, are known for being out of box shooters and after market parts are everywhere

I feel like you can get a lot more for your money looking at options b and c. (And yes I have owned and still do 2 different CA rifles. Once I started looking closer at custom builds I slowly realized I can pick my parts, colors, barrel twists, lengths etc etc for about the same I paid for my classic ii, which every day I think how I can replace the stock that looks like someone was blindfolded with a paintbrush when the design was created)

I saw one in a LGS for $2k and thought that was a decent value. Personally I would just build 2 Savages and call it good or 1 Remage on a custom action. How much is the one you are looking at?

Thanks everyone...
after reading some reviews and what has been said here I have purchased my second Sendero in 264...now to see how it shoots before maybe having something built.

I just got one in 7 rem . Here is how it shot at 934 yards with 162 eldx. Shot 6 shots too the top right and then adjusted scope and fired my last two shots .

Attachments

• IMG_3578.jpg
    IMG_3578.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_3582.jpg
    IMG_3582.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 104
I saw one in a LGS for $2k and thought that was a decent value. Personally I would just build 2 Savages and call it good or 1 Remage on a custom action. How much is the one you are looking at?

I recently built a custom savage mtn weight rifle and I can tell you that if you want a superlight rifle with the qualities of a CA rifle its gonna cost well north of 2k! Great action, carbon wrapped barrel, brake, long mag well, hinged floor plate, good trigger, and a nice stock at less then 7 lbs total. 2K will seem like a steal after trying to build that aftermarket!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.