Christensen Arms

Capstick

I think I may have found this site a little to late. I was researching these rifles and stumbled upon this site. I thought these rifles were pretty good. I read some of the reviews on this site and I was suprised to say the least. My problem is I went to A wildlife fundraiser recently. They were auctioning off one of these rifles. I bought it due to the cheap price. I now have a coupon to have one built. I was considering upgrading the gun, but now I am not sure what to do. I was going to have a 300 RUM built, but after reading the reviews I am not sure. I may have a lighter caliber built and use the rifle as a mountain gun. I suppose I could try and sell the coupon and buy something else, if I could find a taker. I have only ever shot Sako rifles and have been very pleased with their peformance. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions that would help with my situation.

I think it is a hunter with some up grades, muzzle break, lightened bolt, and some other stuff. The said it was valued at around 2,300ish.

The hunter model has a factory barrel that is carbon wrapped. I had one in 300 rum and I honestly would sell it if it was me. I could never get mine to shoot that good and I payed $1,800 for mine. Just my .02

I thought about upgrading to the shilen barrel and a different action. I think now I will sell it.

It might be worth it to upgrade for a shilen barrel but that depends on how much you paid for the coupon.....

You got a pretty good deal. Mine was a model 700 300 RUM with the lightened bolt and muzzle brake. All the other ones Iv seen have went for 1,900 or more. Do whatever you want to do. There are some people who love them and others who haven't had as good of luck. If it was me and I know what I know now after having one, I would sell it for what its worth and buy something else. Good luck with whatever you want to do!gun)

I had a Custom model build some time ago. It's okay, but I wouldn't buy another one. You can get more value for the money out there. I had to send mine back because ejector plunger was too light and it would not eject shells. I took it to a local gun smith, and they actually found rust in the bolt. Can you imagine finding this on 5k custom rifle? I wasn't happy to say the least.

It does shoot okay though, no real complaints in that department. Good for a lightweight mountain rifle and that is about it. But my confidence is missing with it.

Why not have it built and see if you like it? Then if you don't then sell it and make a couple hundred bucks off of it...

Not many people here like them...but this is only one internet site and I really don't think they would still be in business if all they built was junk...

I agree with you. I am having it built. I looked at what most on this site are shooting, and I sure would not want to take on a sheep hunt. I am buying the carbon one. I wanted a light weight mountian rifle and I will be well under 8 with the scope. I will tell you all how it shoots when it arrives. Thanks for all the replies.

Sell it and build a rifle that will drive tacks. i have a couple abs carbon barreled rifles that will drive little tacks. my 300rum is 8lbs with a nightforce 5.5x22.

i dont know why people chance things. there are plenty of reports of bad reports from there company. spend around 3000 and get a light weight rifle that you can count on. image that you are laying behind your rifle in the back country on the last day of season and you only have one shot at a 400in bull. do you want the best on the market or do you want one that shoots ok. at this point you would give anything to have the confidance of a great rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.