Christensen arms barrels

fatjake

I've done quite a bit of searching on here to no avail

Can someone give me some input on the Christensen carbon barrels.
Tossing around the idea of using one on a 700 build

Thanks in advance

fatjake,

Limited experience here. Short story made into a long story. I have a Weatherby Mark V Ultralight six lug. The action is 1.140" diameter. I have a Pierce titanium action (Remington clone). It is 1.350". Both carry 26" barrels. The Pac-Nor barrel on the Weatherby measures 1.091" in front of the action. It is lighter than a number one contour. The Christensen carbon wrap barrel is the same size as the action. Both barrels weigh forty ounces before I fluted the Pac-Nor. If it is important both are eight twist.

The accuracy of the Christensen barrel has been about 3" at 400 yards for three shots, so it's okay with Barnes 127 LRX and Nosler 140 Accubond. I received some Alco 160 grain very low drag bullets to try in it. I am waiting for a trigger. The other trigger punked out on me the first season.

I have had a few Christensen rifles over the years. Started with the lowest dollar rifle and worked my way up to the top full custom all built by them. Never again. Each rifle was inconsistent with accuracy. One day it would shoot 1" at 100 yards and the next 3". Never any consistency. Go with a Proof Research setup. You will be very happy with them.

Brian

have been using one in 300 rum for 5 years. Shoots .5 inch with anything i load for it.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.