choosing a scope ring height

dancrockett

Hello all,
just getting into the sport, I have bought a 7mm Sendero, a Bushell HDMR scope and a NF 20MOA base, but I'm having a hard time locating the rings. I have been trying to pick up a pair of Seekins 0.92's but everyone is sold out, I did find a pair in 1", will .08" make much of a difference? I have read that you want to be as close to the barrel as possible, and Seekins says the 0.92's work fine for this combination but in doing the math it's really cutting it close. Would I lose any benefit going to the 1.00 rings? I am using 6.85mm for the base, 23.36mm for the rings which puts it at 30.21mm for a 60mm bell. So I'm guessing any clearance has to come from the taper of the barrel, is that right?

So far buying rings has been the worst part of the deal, half the manufacturers only list low/med/high, the other half are good enough to list in inches but don't specify where they measure to. I know ring questions have been done to death but not having the parts in your hands makes it tough, any advice is greatly appreciated

if you have everything except the rings you could use blue-tac or some sort of tempory molding clay to mock it up and measure to see what your minimum clearence is.

ok, well if its any help, i have a sendero. with a flat rail. a 50mm scope and medium burris signature rings. the type with the inserts. with the inserts i put 20 moa cant. i used medium rings with the 1 inch scope. and medium again when i changed to 30mm scope. both scopes 50mm and the same rings, except of course one pair were 1 inch the other 30mm.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.