Choate ULTIMATE Stocks in the UK

Chrismadrid

HELP - please (if poss).

I am interested in getting my hands on one to see before I buy. Really I'd prefer to see an ULTIMATE SNIPER - But a VARMINTER would do just as well. Receiver irelevant as it will get "adapted". I'm told they are heavy - that's a BIG part of why.

Even better will be if there is a SUPPLIER - Then I can casually slip one in the suitcase /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm over in the UK for a couple of weeks starting in a fortnight - and will be based on the south coast (Near Poole/Bournemouth) - If anybody knows where I can get to see one - I'll be off like a shot (no pun intended).

I'd benn thinking AICS - but too expensive for the project in mind.

Chris

P.S. Very hot - No socks today - Sorry! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

hi chris
what rifle is the stock for?
i can fone the sportsmans gun shop at dorchester for you and get you a price/availability and maybe if i have time will take you to shoot some roe deer about 40 minutes away from where youre going!
scirroco

Well - it's basically going to get VERY modified to go onto a PCP AIRGUN. A Daystate almost certainly. Probably the missus competition gun for the moment.

1&1/4" airtube which slots very nicely into the barrel channel of a choate. Lots of filler etc and new drillings. So the receiver it is designed for is no problem. I looked at using the AICS with Graeme Clarke at the IWA2003 (working with Daystate at the time) - would have slotted in almost perfectly. - So I guess a Remi shot action model is fave.

Appreciate some cost guideline - Thanks!. I hope to drop into SGC on Sunday 28th for a browse and a Sossi-sarnia - I have the use of my dads old banger.

Sadly cant see the missus letting me away for a days hunting - It's our first real hol for about 3 years. And, whilst it's with my mum&dad I cant be TOO absent.

As it is I'm booked into the Steam Fair for a day and have been invited to wreck some Tanks at Bovington, plus some biker mates on Poole quay .......... - well you get the drift!. Be good to have a chat for an hour or so, though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris

PS Will be based in Wimborne - for the locals!

Hi Chris,
i was going to suggest the Sportsmans Gun Centre as well but scirocco beat me to it.
However, West Country Guns in Somerset have a Rem 700 in 220 swift sat in a Choate ultimate sniper stock, i spotted this while surfing through Guntrader.co.uk.
If this is any good to you the contact is Tony Hartman, telephone 01984 623839 (Wiveliscombe, Somerset)

Ian.

"I meant to shoot the pike but the duck got in the way"

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.