Cheek Risers

Handymike

Morning Folks Small dilemma for me and I hope to get good info from you.
Recently changed old scope ( 1970s era ) for new 50mil bell scope. Had to mount it quite a bit higher and so POI really changed. Was told to get an adjustable cheek riser for rifle to raise my line of sight up. Makes sense to me but need advice. I want good quality but this is for hunting rifle so also rugged. Any thoughts?
Mike

For your consideration:

I've ordered several risers from him over the last few years and they are top notch.
Beat me to it.I have used him for years, it is also a veteran owned company!
69D0113E-4D85-4514-BBEC-CC92BE667341.png

Here's a couple more options that get great reviews and requires no stock modifications.

I've used the Beartooth before and it worked great for me.

I use the Triad Tactical mentioned above. They come with multiple riser adjustment segments. They lock onto the stock well with velcro straps. Also easy to take on and off for gun cleaning. I also like the version that has internal storage for ammo.
View attachment 389105
View attachment 389102
I use one similar to that and so far it one of the better risers I have used.

Here's a couple more options that get great reviews and requires no stock modifications.

I've used the Beartooth before and it worked great for me.
I have one of those Beartooth kits, version 1.0 but haven't used it yet. I made a homemade version with a neoprene cartridge holder for the stock and just stuffed blue foam camping pad under the top of it. I see BT makes exactly the same thing now.

These are awesome if you don't want to have to modify your stock.......And can easily be used on multiple rifles.

bradleycheekrest.com

Run that 50mm objective thru a 40-44mm die.

Put the resized scope in Talley low, lightweight mounts.

Problem solved.

In practical hunting use I've not seen measurable or meaningful improvements going beyond "traditional" sizes in scope objective lenses. I have seen such up-sizing create negative, unintended consequences.

Run that 50mm objective thru a 40-44mm die.

Put the resized scope in Talley low, lightweight mounts.

Problem solved.

In practical hunting use I've not seen measurable or meaningful improvements going beyond "traditional" sizes in scope objective lenses. I have seen such up-sizing create negative, unintended consequences.
just the improved light transmission, nothing really of an improvement when hunting....

The objective size also means normally a larger tube, which will also improve the amount of tracking you get (scope adjustments) guess these improvements aren't needed. and don't use Talley rings...