"Checkmate" wins #2/Backpacking hunt trip

Randy,
Very nice buck and excellent shooting. The pictures and story were great. You and your brothers will enjoy the hunt for a very long time. Thanks for sharing.
Jon

Mike, it is the white clouds in the distance. Gotta love this part of Idaho.
Randy

Yup... I've hunted some of those parts - mostly elk. I try to be pretty careful. A great day can turn on you faster than you can snap your fingers. Gotta spend some time finding a good deer spot. Seems every time I find a decent area, a fire the size of a small state goes through and I'm start'in all over. No shortage of places to look though.

Thanks for sharing a fun hunt. That's some kinda blue sky.

Mike 338, dont give up on the burned areas, give them about 5 years and they are wildlife magnets!
Randy,
great story and great buck, got to love living in central ID. I 'll get my butchering done and upload some photos for you guys.

Mike 338, dont give up on the burned areas, give them about 5 years and they are wildlife magnets!
Randy,
great story and great buck, got to love living in central ID. I 'll get my butchering done and upload some photos for you guys.

Pack'in out elk after a burn (old hunt).

Attachments

• IMG_0115 copy.jpg
    IMG_0115 copy.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 96
My brother who came down from Alaska for this hunt just sent me a SD card with some of the photos he took on our trip. He is an amazing photographer and this is just some of his work.

Randy

Attachments

• daves trip photos 087.jpg
    daves trip photos 087.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 90
  • daves trip photos 079.jpg
    daves trip photos 079.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 82
  • daves trip photos 073.jpg
    daves trip photos 073.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 81
  • daves trip photos 057.jpg
    daves trip photos 057.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 91
  • daves trip photos 034.jpg
    daves trip photos 034.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 97
  • daves trip photos 026.jpg
    daves trip photos 026.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 82
A few more...............

Randy

Attachments

• daves trip photos 103.jpg
    daves trip photos 103.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 88
  • daves trip photos 133.jpg
    daves trip photos 133.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 97
  • daves trip photos 135.jpg
    daves trip photos 135.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 83
  • daves trip photos 153.jpg
    daves trip photos 153.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 91
  • daves trip photos 164.jpg
    daves trip photos 164.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 81
  • daves trip photos 194.jpg
    daves trip photos 194.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 77
Great job Randy!
Just moved to fort collins, co so i will have to find some good spots and invite you out. Thanks for the call on the stone glacier also. How did the pack work out on this trip? Selfishly wished you got it with the 280ai! Haha.

Great job Randy!
Just moved to fort collins, co so i will have to find some good spots and invite you out. Thanks for the call on the stone glacier also. How did the pack work out on this trip? Selfishly wished you got it with the 280ai! Haha.

Congrats on getting to Colorado. I think you'll find the hunting a wee bit better than Washington. The Stone Glacier worked absolutely wonderful----I'm totally sold on it.

Randy

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.