Cheap targets...

old_heli_logger

Howdy! I stuffed a bunch (I mean a whole bunch) of those plastic grocery bags into an old feed sack and it works great. It easily stops the arrows (w/field tips) and they are very easy to pull out.
Anyone else ever try this?
Thanks, and good luck this year!

Just did that same thing a few days ago. Used a burlap bag. Have not shot it yet but figured it would make a great camp target with bungie chords on 4 corners to a couple trees. That way could elevate it to height of typical elk. Burlap bag is practicaly same collor too. I'll spray paint some body and shoulder highlights to add some fun and realism. Should last years, weighs less than a block of foam, and cost me $1.95 for the large coffee bag.

Good hunting

Yeah, the weight savings is huge. I'm also saving styrofoam peanuts, it'll take a while to get enough, but I'll let you know how that works out. I'm hoping a cardboard box full will stop a broadhead...if not, I might try layering the peanuts with spray foam.

Good luck this year...be sure and get your tags, bow season starts at the end of this month!!! :D

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.