Cerakote / Teflon coating question

Thor

Just bought a couple of Savage 111's with the AccuTrigger for projects. I'd like to have both coated.

Spoke with a few companies today (UltraCoatings, CCR refinishing, MR arms). Almost all are backlogged 4-8 weeks. All said that they don't recall ever doing a Savage with the AccuTrigger. I'm a little leery of sending a couple of new guns off to be coated (ie disassembled) if they've never done one before. I've also been told this will void the manufacturer's warranty. Greeaattt! I know many of you guys have had your project guns coated.

Any recommendations on the coating (teflon / ceramic) or the company to do the work? Especially from you Savage guys. Thanks.

I believe Scott "themachinist" who occasionally posts on this forum is set up to do one of the coatings I forget which, phone # and other contact info is on his website.
Scotts Machine Service
Give him a call.
James

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.