CBI Criterion Barrels! 243 A.I. Match 20" Bull

SAVAGE22-243AI

I order a Criterion barrel and received in 14 weeks due to caliber. 243 A.I. Match 1-9 twist 30" bull barrel in SS.
Once received and inspected I found a small problem with chamber area, the shoulder area wasn't polished. Criterion send call tag and was shipped next day and was returned fixed to me in 5 working days. WOW!
This barrel shoots great! This is my 7th custom barrel from different manufactures and is by far the best looking of all of them.
I have owned Douglas, ER Shaw, Savage, Shilen, Brux. And this CBI may end up the most accurate yet.
I also received a letter from President of CBI about the problem.
When I had problems with other barrels I always got the run-a-round. Did you use new brass, did you us custom loaded ammo, lap the barrel, shoot 200 rds before the barrel is broken in. 4 months repair turn around time with another company..................................!

I am shooting fire form loads with 87 gr V-Max and Varget powder and getting 1/2" and less at 100 yds first time out.

Last edited:
My 30" Bull Criterion and factory Savage are the least picky to load development so far. The custom barrels of old would out shoot factory barrel, but took time to do so. My Criterion shot a 1/2" first 5 shots just breaking in barrel..........perfect.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.