Casper Wyoming Antelope

I'll be around Laramie the week before on the Longrangehuntinng.com group amtelope hunt with Len Backus. That hunt is the last 4 days of September. I bought a left over tag for Area 25 that starts the 1st of October. If there are any LRH members in the area, we might meet up and put some faces with the names.

I'm ~2hrs north of there :) I'll be on the family ranch with a group chasing 'lopes the first thru the forth.

How long do you intend to stick around?

t

I'm leaving TN on the 23rd of this month. I figure I'll be out there at least 2 weeks but I don't really have a deadline. I'm hoping togo see Yellowstone while I'm out their. I tried to last year but Obama and a blizzard closed the park the 1st of Oct.

I've got permission on some private land in Area 25 that had a couple of good buck last year.

i am landing in Casper the afternoon of the 26th. Hunting with Guide Kevin Marshall in the Sand Draw unit the 27th through the 30th.

That was some storm Nimrodmar10. My wife and I were in Lusk. Couldn't get out of even the motel for 36 hours. Then the roads didn't open for a few days after that. Still managed to get a pretty good mule deer and a couple doe lopes. We hunting 72 in 2010 outside Casper and had a great time. Hope the herd picks up and we get to go there again later, we stayed in Casper and drove out every day. We loved it.

I won't be up there until Oct 10th. I will be hunting unit 103 for does. Because the draw sucked this year.

I'll be hunting out of Riverton. Leaving Sep 28. Have Deer and Antelope tags. We'll have about 10 days to fill 4 tags.

Hey Highknob, I was in Lusk area last year too but didn't go till the 10th so missed the blizard, but it was a muddy mess. Got a lot of family in TN most from the eastern parts

We have tags near Casper. I've seen some good bucks while going back and forth to scout elk. I'm friends with a guy at the G&F. They're saying this is the best year for horn growth they've seen in a long time. Might be worth spending extra time to find that big one if yer fortunate to have a tag for one of the better areas. If we didn't have several hard to draw elk tags in the home this year, I'd probably be more excited for goats...

I will be hunting unit 32, First time up to Wyoming to hunt antelope for my brother and I. We are headed up from Arizona. Can't wait!! Anyone have any advise?

Evan

I think we are going to do a little of both. We are bringing the tents and going to try to camp out as much as possible. Hoping the weather stays good.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.