Case head power driver adapter

Midway has this thing if it is what you want

R W Hart Neck Turning Case Holder

I am a total amatuer at case ncek turning but several people on this forum had some strong advice about not using this thing. So I just get blisters from twisting all of those cases by hand. You only have to do it once. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I bought my set of case turning adapters from Sinclaire. They work great. I haven't gotten a blister in several years of neck turning and the necks are much more consistently turned.

Throw those idiotic hand held case holders in the garbage! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

VH

I just checked Midway and the Hart adapter should work, although in the reviews one user was not happy with the wobble it had. Unless someone else here can suggest a better option I think I will give it a whirl. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

weaverism,
the only people that make what you are looking for (that I know of)is K&M. I had to turn necks on 338Lapua Mag Imp (MOAG) and at the time (6months ago) they were the only ones that made one that big. they do not have a web site but you can call them at 717-292-3175 GOOD PEOPLE GOOD PRODUCT at a fair price.
hope this helps B
p.s. they are in your home state Dover PA

[ QUOTE ]
I had to turn necks on 338Lapua Mag Imp (MOAG)

[/ QUOTE ]

He means WE (7mmrhb, goodgrouper, and Brian cause it was a three man job) had to turn the necks on that stinking tough$*% Lapua brass. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Midway has this thing if it is what you want

R W Hart Neck Turning Case Holder

I am a total amatuer at case ncek turning but several people on this forum had some strong advice about not using this thing. So I just get blisters from twisting all of those cases by hand. You only have to do it once. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I use the hart case holder as well. Harts and Ken Markel are all good people, and you will be satisfied with either.

with the hart, a change of shellholder will fix the wobble -- since they push the rim against the surface of the shellholder that isnt critical, it may not always be true, some are, some arent.

JB

jb1000br,
Hart may sell one now but 6 months ago K&M services were the only ones to make a power driver adapter for a 338-378 WBY or 338 Lapua size case head. it is better quality and design than the sinclair drivers that I use for other calibers.
B

[ QUOTE ]
jb1000br,
Hart may sell one now but 6 months ago K&M services were the only ones to make a power driver adapter for a 338-378 WBY or 338 Lapua size case head. it is better quality and design than the sinclair drivers that I use for other calibers.
B

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, Harts uses standard Redding press shellholders, so you can grab anything that will also fit in a standard redding shellholder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

http://www.rwhart.com/store/picserve.cgi?picserve=l_image104.jpg

...and i have had mine for over 5 years /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JB

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts