Case head power driver adapter

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by weaverism, Aug 2, 2005.

1. weaverism

weaverism Well-Known Member

Where can I get a case head power driver adapter to speed up my neck turning 338-378 weatherby brass?

2. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

Midway has this thing if it is what you want

R W Hart Neck Turning Case Holder

I am a total amatuer at case ncek turning but several people on this forum had some strong advice about not using this thing. So I just get blisters from twisting all of those cases by hand. You only have to do it once. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter Well-Known Member

I bought my set of case turning adapters from Sinclaire. They work great. I haven't gotten a blister in several years of neck turning and the necks are much more consistently turned.

Throw those idiotic hand held case holders in the garbage! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

VH

4. weaverism

Sinclair doesn't make one for the monster magnums.

5. Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter Well-Known Member

You've got a point. I never tuned any of my 460Wby cases /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif so never gave a thought to the case holder's size limitations.

VH

6. weaverism

I just checked Midway and the Hart adapter should work, although in the reviews one user was not happy with the wobble it had. Unless someone else here can suggest a better option I think I will give it a whirl. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. brian b

brian b Well-Known Member

weaverism,
    the only people that make what you are looking for (that I know of)is K&M. I had to turn necks on 338Lapua Mag Imp (MOAG) and at the time (6months ago) they were the only ones that made one that big. they do not have a web site but you can call them at 717-292-3175 GOOD PEOPLE GOOD PRODUCT at a fair price.
    hope this helps B
    p.s. they are in your home state Dover PA

8. goodgrouper

goodgrouper Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I had to turn necks on 338Lapua Mag Imp (MOAG)

[/ QUOTE ]

He means WE (7mmrhb, goodgrouper, and Brian cause it was a three man job) had to turn the necks on that stinking tough$*% Lapua brass. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9. jb1000br

jb1000br Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]

Midway has this thing if it is what you want

R W Hart Neck Turning Case Holder

I am a total amatuer at case ncek turning but several people on this forum had some strong advice about not using this thing. So I just get blisters from twisting all of those cases by hand. You only have to do it once. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I use the hart case holder as well. Harts and Ken Markel are all good people, and you will be satisfied with either.

with the hart, a change of shellholder will fix the wobble -- since they push the rim against the surface of the shellholder that isnt critical, it may not always be true, some are, some arent.

JB

10. brian b

brian b Well-Known Member

jb1000br,
    Hart may sell one now but 6 months ago K&M services were the only ones to make a power driver adapter for a 338-378 WBY or 338 Lapua size case head. it is better quality and design than the sinclair drivers that I use for other calibers.
    B

11. jb1000br

jb1000br Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    jb1000br,
    Hart may sell one now but 6 months ago K&M services were the only ones to make a power driver adapter for a 338-378 WBY or 338 Lapua size case head. it is better quality and design than the sinclair drivers that I use for other calibers.
    B

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, Harts uses standard Redding press shellholders, so you can grab anything that will also fit in a standard redding shellholder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

http://www.rwhart.com/store/picserve.cgi?picserve=l_image104.jpg

...and i have had mine for over 5 years /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JB