Carry rifle weight?

I know how that goes, I still run, work out, bike ect. Nothing will tell you just how old you are like playing city league basketball at 40 against kids that graduated from the local college and played sports there, they hand you your @$$, then have your knees and ankles hurt for the next 6mo, it will leave you asking yourself. Why the hell do I put myself through this every year. Answer is to stay 1 step ahead of your own kids for as long as you can just so you can keep pace with em for a few more years, it's worth the memories made when you set up camp in places few want to go. Then still have enough left in the tank to shadow a heard till they bed for midday, then make your stalk. I have 1 girl that's only a year older than yours, I bet you know exactly what I mean for the memories, I have another girl that's 3 so I'm gonna have to keep it up for a while yet.:)

my carry rifle is a 7.18 lb scoped 7mm Rem Mag Tikka, it's a bit much from the bench but once that's done in the field I never notice the recoil or at least like I notice the weight difference. This rifle is good for 400 yds. For twice that distance then I'm forced to carry my 270 STW that weighs 9.5 scoped.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.