• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Carbon tripod

I'd like to keep it under $300.

I am not sure if it meets your requirement but I bought a Bog Deathgrip tripod carbon for $179 (at the time of purchase) at Amazon.

BOG deathgrip carbon.jpg

Here's a thread about it too >>> https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/bog-“deathgrip”-tri-pod-anyone.227739/page-4

The less weight, the more features, and more capacity it has the more it costs. I run a fiesol 3342 with a 50mm ball head and arca rails and mounts. The unit weights 3.5lbs and for the money is feature rich.

Look at photography stores like B&H, and Adorama. They'll have the best deals. I have a Gitzo but they're stupid expensive but the best, and RRR. Look at some ofF brands maybe Chinese made. A few to consider, benbo, benro, surui. Manfrottos that are good are still expensive. They're cheaper ones probably aren't as stable as you want.
If you can stomach aluminum, you can get a lot more for your money. Photographers used aluminum for years with much success.

Recent Posts