Carbon six

Mine was painless. Ordered end of July, barrel showed up end of November. It's only 35 rounds in but so far it's looking promising.

I placed an order this week and below is what I was told"

The goal is 5 months or sooner. Most barrels are shipping in the 3 month range but due to the national climate we can't promise a time frame.
Thanks Feenix. I tried calling a couple times today but no one answered and they still have their voice mail set up for SHOT show week.

So far the process has been painless for me. Gene is easy to deal with. I ordered November 18 and I am still waiting, but I am hopeful. When I talked to Gene a couple weeks ago he said they are into shipping end of October and early November orders now.

When I talked to Gene last year around this time to order a blank to chamber a fresh 300 WM, he informed me that he had a 26" Magnum contour in a pre chambered 9 twist ready to go.

He gave me a deal I couldn't refuse, so I took the chance, spun it on a Stiller Predator, checked headspace, loaded a few rounds of Berger 215s with H1000 and proceeded to stack rounds into a tiny cluster.

The barrel came to me with an immaculate chamber and it headspaced perfectly. I've been nothing but impressed so far.

Last edited:
0A1812D5-2912-4DE9-9BC2-C9F24ED8EFBF.jpeg

Working up a new load for my 6.5 prc with RL26. They shoot pretty dang good and priced well. Can't complain.

When I talked to Gene last year around this time to order a blank to chamber a fresh 300 WM, he informed me that he had a 26" Magnum contour in a pre chambered 9 twist ready to go.

He gave me a deal I couldn't refuse, so I took the chance, spun it on a Stiller Predator, checked headspace, loaded a few rounds of Berger 215s with H1000 and proceeded to stack rounds into a tiny cluster.

The barrel came to me with an immaculate chamber and it headspaced perfectly. I've been nothing but impressed so far.

How has the velocity been? Understand it is new and will speed up a touch.

My only complaint has been velocity with both of my C6 barrels. 308win and 300RUM both seem to be a touch slow compared to what book velocties state for powder charges. Accuracy is good though.

How has the velocity been? Understand it is new and will speed up a touch.

My only complaint has been velocity with both of my C6 barrels. 308win and 300RUM both seem to be a touch slow compared to what book velocties state for powder charges. Accuracy is good though.

Mine is normal for a 26" 300 Win. It produces mid 2900s in the accuracy node with Berger 215s.

My RUM is at 2998 FPS with a 215 Berger and 2832 FPS with a 245 Berger. Not much more than a 300 WM. I was disappointed in velocity for the case/powder being used. Oh well shoots good. I don't know the deal, last three barrels I have are all on the slow side, and 2 of the 3 have been Remage or Savage pre-fits....

I broke my C6 RUM barrel in with about 10 shots only.

245 Berger with N570.
Magneeto Speed attached to check velocity and pressure potential.
10 rounds at .5 grain increments per round. Started at minimum and working up. Cleaned every three rounds with BTE.

That was all it took. Cleans up fast and doesn't foul up. Just slow...

It sped up a little after 100 or so down it.

I ordered my barrel Jan 7 and called at the 4 month mark. I was told likely a few weeks longer, email yesterday and havnt recieved a response yet.