Carbon fiber stock color options?

LKB

Hey all! Not sure if I'm posting this in the right spot. If not please forgive me or feel free to move it as I don't know how LOL. I'm thinking of a new build and my question is this. Do any of you know of a reputable stock maker who makes all CF stocks in various colors vs the old standard black? Preferably adjustable. Thanks in advance!
Secondly, who makes a good Cf tube in .270? I have a Proof Research in 7mm that I like really well but I don't belive they do .270. Correct me if I'm wrong.
LKB

Proof does a .270 but I'm thinking only in 10 twist. I cannot think of anyone that does a carbon stock that won't paint it most any color you want if you are willing to wait. There is always dipping, places everywhere and every pattern under the sun. Finally you can sponge paint it yourself for something totally unique that you had a hand in. (Pride?)

Hey Orange thanks for your reply. I am looking for a 1:8 twist on the tube for the Berger 170s. Also I'm not a fan of paint although I have no experience with it. Seems to flaky!!! Pun intended haha! As for dipping.....could be something to think about. Will it adhere to CF and be dependable from now on?

Hey Orange thanks for your reply. I am looking for a 1:8 twist on the tube for the Berger 170s. Also I'm not a fan of paint although I have no experience with it. Seems to flaky!!! Pun intended haha! As for dipping.....could be something to think about. Will it adhere to CF and be dependable from now on?
Hells Canyon Armory makes carbon barrels based of benchmark steel cores. They're good barrels. Not a light as a proof, but I think they're a bit more rigid. He has a few twist options, believe 1:8 is one of em. Mike lost one his main employees recently so lead time may be a bit slow at the moment. The rifle below is a Tikka 6.5 saum build with his heavy hunter contour, 1:7.5 twist. He fit the barrel and bedded to the stock.

Attachments

• IMG_20190823_075843.jpg
    IMG_20190823_075843.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 2,962
Carbon stocks are laminated with epoxy. Anything that sticks to epoxy will stick and is as tough as the epoxy under it. Usually the paint is another epoxy or ceramic. They look really cool sponge painted with the black areas left carbon, like manners does. I have one and it looks really sharp with a carbon barrel. If i had it to do over i would do fluted ss and eat the 1/2 lb. They take forever to cool with magnums.

Hello as far as stocks I would look at AG Composites they have some very nice stocks with great fit and finish, and a reasonable lead time.

This stock is from jcs composites, my above post of the 6.5 saum is a Mesa Precision.

Attachments

• 17045.jpeg
    17045.jpeg
    714.3 KB · Views: 291
Do any of you know of a reputable stock maker who makes all CF stocks in various colors vs the old standard black? Preferably adjustable. Thanks in advance!
I think McMillan will make any of their stocks from CF in any color you want and, if you feel lucky, Manners also has a lot of choices of colors.

AG Composites can do a carbon fiber stock in just about any color. I have the adjustable hunter and love it! I have many carbon fiber stocks and this AG is my favorite. You may want to look at Oregon Mountain Rifles for a carbon fiber barrel. They can do most twists for most calibers. Plus from what I have seen they are lighter than Proof in similar configurations.

Hey all! Not sure if I'm posting this in the right spot. If not please forgive me or feel free to move it as I don't know how LOL. I'm thinking of a new build and my question is this. Do any of you know of a reputable stock maker who makes all CF stocks in various colors vs the old standard black? Preferably adjustable. Thanks in advance!
Secondly, who makes a good Cf tube in .270? I have a Proof Research in 7mm that I like really well but I don't belive they do .270. Correct me if I'm wrong.
LKB
I have cerakoted several CF stocks. Some sponge painted and some full color with designs or patterns. Cerakote will be much better and last longer than any paint out there.

Thanks to all of you for sound advice. Nice rigs high drum. I was talking to my smith last night and he also recommended the AG stocks. I won't start the build til spring most likely, unless I hit the lotto, so I'm just trying to get a head start on narrowing down my options. That's part of the fun right?!

Thanks to all of you for sound advice. Nice rigs high drum. I was talking to my smith last night and he also recommended the AG stocks. I won't start the build til spring most likely, unless I hit the lotto, so I'm just trying to get a head start on narrowing down my options. That's part of the fun right?!
Every one of us are true professionals at spending other people's money. That's the real fun part. You get a nice toy, costs us nothing. The American way!!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.