Canted rail dimensions

Philward

I'm curious what the dimensional difference is with a 0moa rail and 20moa rail, (for that matter 10moa, 15moa, 30, 40)? Will it be different for long and short actions? Is it an exact measure or a ballpark figure?(In some cases only getting 18 instead of 20moa...)

I'm curious what the dimensional difference is with a 0moa rail and 20moa rail, (for that matter 10moa, 15moa, 30, 40)? Will it be different for long and short actions? Is it an exact measure or a ballpark figure?(In some cases only getting 18 instead of 20moa...)
Do not complicate it unnecessarily; order the cant you need for the action you have. All of my rails thus far have indicated the degree of cant they are designed for.

I went through this last year . I thought I had a 20 rail , but my scope turret was about perfectly centered making me think I must have a 0 rail . it turned out I did have a 20 rail , but needed a 40 to get a 20 moa correction . in the link provided , the guys talk rail length and such . from what I figured rough and dirty , a 20 moa rail will be about .020" different in height . I have since bedded a few rails and added , or removed a little cant . there is more to this than just the cant in the rail , the position the barrel is clocked at will effect this .

here you go .