Can't contain myself. Oh My!!

6.5x300 WBY

Well i have to say I've been bitten by the rimfire bug big time. Been looking researching and going crazy over this for awhile. Anschutz or Vudoo. Vudoo or Anschutz.

So finally today i made the call to UT. Vudoo apparition 360 action with 22" MTU barrel in burnt Bronze color of choice is being built. MPA chassis in Darkened Bronze. Didnt choose barrel maker ACE or Bart. Any choices or recommendations. I got 2 weeks to decide. I just told them whatever is available first. But may call and do a selection of these two.

I am going to get 3 additional mags from them for total of 4.
TT diamond with straight shoe!
20 MOA rail. Expect to add a 40 MOA spuhr mount with this.
Getting the custome PEAk hard case for this rifle too.
Cant think of anything else .

Sucks but end of June its my target date. Just a few days after my birthday.
Oh the wait is going to kill me. Well since its that long i fell to pieces and Called AL and spoke with Anschutz North America AND...........

An Anschutz with their Thumb hole stock and 20" blued barrel is one of my bucket list of guns in 22WMR. This one wont take but a mear few days to get her done. Then i dont care the winter weather i am going shooting.

2 seriously bucket list guns for me.

I am stupid excited. Just had to share to my guys here. I don't start topics often because i am learning from you all but I can't contain myself. YA FREAKIN HOO

An Anschutz and a Vudoo

Last edited:
Thx Slv i sure will be trying to have a load of fun. An Anschutz has been on my bucket list for decades along with a 22wmr. So combining those 2 together is like a dream come true for me.

One thing you gotta do......post pics when you get em!!!
Here is my girl. Love her. 6 oz trigger (supposedly) set at factory. Delta Stryker 4.5x30x56 amazing glass. SWFA HD used to be the best glass i had but this is just better. Flat out better. Atlas BIPOD.
The ammo it seems to like best so far is winchester v max 25 or 30 grain. I need to get a more steady rest to really pin down the best ammo.

Attachments

• 20220303_065352.jpg
    20220303_065352.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 95
  • 20220303_065208.jpg
    20220303_065208.jpg
    641.4 KB · Views: 97
We started dabbling in rimfires last year, Now I guess you could say we're full blown "ate up" with them.. they're a blast! Cheaper to shoot than centerfire. Quieter too.. They continually amaze me with the accuracy potential at longer distances..
What a blast!! Sounds like you got yourself a pair of dandy rigs!! Congrats!!

We started dabbling in rimfires last year, Now I guess you could say we're full blown "ate up" with them.. they're a blast! Cheaper to shoot than centerfire. Quieter too.. They continually amaze me with the accuracy potential at longer distances..
What a blast!! Sounds like you got yourself a pair of dandy rigs!! Congrats!!
Thx BrienM. I haven't gotten my Vudoo yet and won't until late june. Ugg! But i am loving my Anschutz 22mag for sure. Cant wait till some better weather to get back out there.

0n a pd chuut in New Mexico l watched friend of 20+yrs knocking dogs out @250yds with his CZ452 in 17HMR. This past Dec a 457 Varmint in 22Mag was dropped off by Santa. Amazing shooter out to 150yds. Factory CZ target claimed an 11mm/5shot group @50M. lt goes under an inch @100yds/5shots for ME😍. Can't wait to see how good it will do on those young PD pups come MAY!

0n a pd chuut in New Mexico l watched friend of 20+yrs knocking dogs out @250yds with his CZ452 in 17HMR. This past Dec a 457 Varmint in 22Mag was dropped off by Santa. Amazing shooter out to 150yds. Factory CZ target claimed an 11mm/5shot group @50M. lt goes under an inch @100yds/5shots for ME😍. Can't wait to see how good it will do on those young PD pups come MAY!
Best of luck with the 22 mag. I ambgoing through the ammo now to find the most consistent ammo available. In 22 mag its the ammo that will be the weak link. Is not like 22 LR where you have higher end products for consistency. Seems for me i have 4 different choices in 22 mag that show the most promise. Hornady v max. Winchester 25 gr vmax and Winchester 30 gr v max. Also surprisingly AA. Game Point.. so i have those 4 to do more testing. Thats why in groupings you can see 3 or 4 shots sub 1" then you get a flyer that opens you to 1/12". Frustrating.

Good luck