Can You Get Flagged for Buying Too Much Ammo?

200w.gif

Pretty sure the news media has never figured out that a box of 22LR ammo is 500 rounds and used to sell for $10 bucks, now maybe around $30. Diane Sawyer, the worst, was doing an interview with someone 20 or so years ago and couldn't believe they had hundreds of rounds of ammunitions in the house or what's commonly known as 1 brick of 22's, about $10 bucks worth, at the time.

Bet if you order by the pallet on a transfer truck, that might get some attention.
A couple of us order a pallet of sporting clays ammo every few years and the last one delivered about 4 years ago resulted in a phone call to my friend that receives the shipment. Nothing happened, but I believe his name was added to some sort of watch list!

A couple of us order a pallet of sporting clays ammo every few years and the last one delivered about 4 years ago resulted in a phone call to my friend that receives the shipment. Nothing happened, but I believe his name was added to some sort of watch list!
Yea. When I was a V.P. of a shooting club, we purchased ammo, reloading supplies, shot, etc by large volume either requiring drop ship, or we pulled a trailer with a pickup to the location. During the good ol' days of the DCM and CMP, often, we drove the few hours to pick up numerous cans of varied mil surplus ammo, hundreds of thousands of 30 cal bullets for reloading, etc. Those were good overnight trips with a couple of club friends and great conversations.