camo clothing for hunting deer

dado

I want to buy a full set of camouflage clothing that will be good for deer hunting & have been checking out the stuff on a website.. Shooting supplies

Can someone suggest which clothing might be the best to get, including the best camouflage pattern?

Does what you're hunting matter when picking camouflage clothing, or is it more about the terrain you're in?

Thanks guys

as far as camo goes, it depends on what you are doing with it. if you are bow hunting you need to match the terrain, but if you are sitting in a stand a couple hundred yards away go with the cheapest stuff you can find. match or not as long as it is earth tone you are good. heck a dark brown or green shirt or pants would be good.

Where are you hunting at? Are you hiking or sitting somewhere? Hot, cold,warm, do you need good water proof stuff? I would stay away from anything cotton to start with.

I wear the ASAT [all season all terrain] pattern for bow hunting, I have have several videos of deer looking straight at me from 15 yards and never spooked just walked away. Gun hunt is different, I wear what ever old camo i have in whatever pattern.

I've taken a liking to Mossy Oak Treestand for both gun and bow hunting. With this pattern I've had Dad "disappear" from my view even when I knew where he was, other hunters walk right by him, and elk trot by never knowing he was there. I purchased a suit in this pattern after seeing all of that on a hunt in late 2010.

In addition, I don't wear any cotton anything when hunting, except for camo jeans when turkey hunting. It's not worth using for fall and winter hunting for a variety of reasons.

I can still remember the 1980 season, I was on private land and I was inside three pine trees
they were all about 4ft tall and I was seated on the ground this was the last day of Rifle season and I was watching three deer and the wind was in my face, them Deer were watching me from 70 yards! They were ducking ,bobbing, stomping the ground and were looking at me in cammo and inside thiese pine trees" I was dressed from head to toe in cammo. I never moved and they never took there eyes off me, this is no exageration in any way. I had to wait for about five minuites till they got behind another pine, at that time I got a bead on the bigest doe there and took the only shot I could. Right between the eyes..it took off the top of her head but thats the only shot I could make.
I still use green and brown mix but now I have a Gilly Sute from the Army surplus. $75.00 it works better.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts