Camera Land's Sponsorship

gr8fuldoug

Official LRH Sponsor
I would like to introduce our company to those of you who are not familiar with us.
I am Doug of Camera Land. We have been invited to participate on this site as an Optics and Photography Sponsor.
Basically, what this means is that we are here to assist you with any information that can in these areas. Our staff is trained in all aspects of Photography (both Digital and Film) as well as Sports Optics. We have a family owned and operated Camera and Sports Optics store that has been running since 1957. Dad still comes in twice a week while my brother Joel & I run the day to day operations of the business. I run the Sports Optics side and Joel runs the Camera side.
Having been around for so long we have developed close relationships with many of the manufacturers. This has allowed us the opportunity to establish a very extensive inventory of demos Demo & Sample Gear - Camera Land NY as well as the ability to offer different Weekly Specials Weekly Sales Blowout Sale - Camera Land NY

We are Authorized Nikon - Pentax - Leica - Swarovski - Bushnell - Olympus - Tamron - Canon - S&B - Minox - Vortex - Panasonic - Fuji - Zeiss & LowePro Dealers

If we can answer anything for you please feel free to e-mail, call or PM us. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

As one who uses Doug I will let you know that his pricing is the best and as a big added bonus he has the greatest service I have ever found period!!!

Dave

I've purchased a couple of things from Doug and everything, even the reconditioned or show 2nds, have always been in great shape.

Shipping was fast too, I always thought he had the stuff ready and labeled, even before you ordered it.

Guess I'm the exception.....

I ordered a Pentax digital camera, from Doug at Camera Land, as an anniversary present for my wife a couple of years ago.....the camera was defective out of the box.....the flash didn't automatically open when required.....I was told by Doug and/or one of his representatives that the camera was not defective, that the flash had to be manually opened.....I knew better, the instructions said it should open automatically......called Pentax customer service and went through a test procedure with the CS rep......he said the camera was defective and, since it was new, I should return it to the place of purchase for a replacement...... sent it back to Camera Land on my dime.....my wife talks to someone at camera land (can't remember who called who) and they tell her they talked to me and I wanted to upgrade to a more expensive camera (they didn't have a replacement because the camera had been discontinued).....funny thing, I hadn't talked to them and certainly hadn't agreed to buy a more expensive replacement (can you say New York City shuffle?)......Camera Land issued a refund, minus the return shipping (which they said they would cover)...... talked to Doug again and he says we were right, the camera was defective (DUH!).....even though the camera was discontinued, he found a new replacement, so we purchased it.......when it arrived, it worked fine, however, it was interesting to note that the original camera had the batteries installed....the replacement camera came with the batteries in a sealed package......didn't take a genius to figure out that the original defective camera had probably been returned to Camera Land and then re-sold to us or was a demo model........

I hate being lied to.........

Doug

I'm in the market for a S&B rifle scope that your post says you sell but there is no mention of S&B on your website?

Can you help or not Doug?

Regards

HP

We try our best. Occasionally an incident will occur, we are only human. We do try to rectify any situation that arises as best as we can and as quickly as possible.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.