called in my frist coyote

Cowboy18

this past weekend I called in my frist coyote I've injoyed hunting coyotes for many years now but most of the time I've just gotten lucky and come across them or they came in on a predator Bomb but untell now they have not come in on a call but it is a bitter sweet moment cause me and my dad could not bag it

Congrats on calling in your first. Stick with it and the two of you will have a great
time togeather. You have your first now go get that next dozen.

It is definitely a frustrating sport, I have been hunting off and on for a couple years and have yet to put a coyote down. Have called a few in but for various reasons have not connected or haven't got the shot off in time. But I seem to be hooked, it will happen eventually. I live in an area that gets hunted perty heavy as well, so I am constantly seeing sign but cannot get them to come in (or maybe I am just not seeing them as it's thick cover). Anyway congrats to you and good luck in the future, keep at it.

nice job congrats, the first one is the ice breaker, the kills will come sooner and more consistent head over to Welcome to Predators_west lake oswego, OR click on the articles and read up on coyote 101 the only scientific research paper from Dr. Cahrles Shawley's e book. this is a great read on the instincts of the coyote.

Congrats on getting your first one into the call! The learning curve is pretty steep but every time you see one, learn from the experience. What went right. What went wrong. Start to figure out how you would do things differently and as Prkrgrp said, read up on coyotes and calling. Len has a bunch of articles sorted out on the home page you can research. You are hunting the oldest and wisest coyotes now so getting one in is an accomplishment. Kudos and good luck on the next one!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.