California Aoudad info needed

huntokanogan

I have been compiling information on where to hunt aoudad (barbary) sheep in centeral california.
I still need to find someone that is willing to let me in on some information which I know goes against most hunters beings.
I would really like to get enough info to plan a hunt there next year....so if you have info please, help me out.
As I said in a previous post, I would be willing to "trade" info on any species in Washington in return for CA aoudad info.
Thanks!

I'm probably not going to be much help as it sounds like you've been doing some research. But to my knowledge there really isn't much of a "free range" hunt so to speak. Being this is a non native species most of the hunts I know about take place on private ranches and properties. I suppose you could look around any of those to see if there is any public land that they may have wondered onto by mistake but again I'm not sure of any actual free range hunting.

I believe his out fit is Boss Hoss or Boss Hog hunting, he offers sheep/pig hunts and is out of the Maxwell area. There is another outfit out of Redding and being that I'm from the northern part of the state, I'm not sure of any others but I'm sure there are.......Sorry for the limited information but that is what little I know.

muleyman, Thanks for the post. Any little bit of info helps me compile a picture of where they are down there. I have talked to a guy from the santa barbara aria that said there is some free ranging in the mountains down there. most from a herd that escaped from the hearst castle ranch back in the 30's or 40's when the fence was downed in a wildfire. However there is not many of them and due to the habitat they live in they can be very hard to find.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.