caliber recommendatioins for low recoil at 500 yards

ya know.. you could have just read my first post and saved yourself alot of time.:D I knew thats all you would be fed. There is a 7mm and a .30 thrown in there somewhere but a 6.5 is definitely perfect for what you are wanting to do... even the 6mm isnt TOO bad. I been on this forum for tooooo long.:cool:

ya know.. you could have just read my first post and saved yourself alot of time.:D I knew thats all you would be fed. There is a 7mm and a .30 thrown in there somewhere but a 6.5 is definitely perfect for what you are wanting to do... even the 6mm isnt TOO bad. I been on this forum for tooooo long.:cool:

I agree.:)

There are obviously a bunch of choices for that distance and application, as have been listed. A couple of others that I have not seen mentioned are the 270 win and the 30-06. Both of these have fairly mild recoil and should be able to handle deer out to 500-600 yards.

7-08 or 260 rem. it really doesnt get any easier than that.

Both have high B.C pills and are easy to launch to a decent speed with the little .308 parent case.

Creedmore rounds hard to come buy or do big stores and good gun shops carry them? Seems like a wicked round after reading more about it

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts