Caliber decision

Thanks for the advice, I think I am going with a 308 first, then after I get the basics and workm out the bugs in me, I will build a 300 or something and go all out.

Thanks for the advice, I think I am going with a 308 first, then after I get the basics and workm out the bugs in me, I will build a 300 or something and go all out.

Wise choice, go shoot the **** out of the 308 and learn all you can first you will be better in the long run

Depending on your barrel weight, you might want to get a removeable muzzle break. That way you can shoot it all day and not feel it in the morning. The 308 doesn't kick like a moose but if you shoot 30-50 rounds in an afternoon you'll feel better the next day.

Good Luck, be safe and enjoy your self.

You probably won't need a break unless you want one. I have been shooting mine lately w/o my break. My gun weighs close to 18# though. Before my break days, my rifle was about 12# and could sit on the bench all day long. Found prone shooting more comfortable for long firing sessions. Most box ammo won't recoil near as heavy as good handloads... well that is if it isn't a light load!:rolleyes:

Tank

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.