Cabelas canceled my order

Well made the call they have I written into the fine print they don't have to honor it. But I'm glad I listen to some of you folks cause they sent me a $25 gift cards for my hassle.

That beats a sharp stick in the eye. Would rather have the scopes though.

I find this all funny as my wife, who is a practicing attorney here in Texas says also that if it is advertised on the website at a certain price and you purchase it then it is a contract that if they cancel due to their negligence in pricing you can come back at them as it is not legal to do.
Bait and switch all the way. I'm glad you are happy with your gift card but if you had stuck to your guns would have eventually gotten what you ordered. Just as I did with the ammo cancel/switch they tried on me.

I find this all funny as my wife, who is a practicing attorney here in Texas says also that if it is advertised on the website at a certain price and you purchase it then it is a contract that if they cancel due to their negligence in pricing you can come back at them as it is not legal to do.
Bait and switch all the way. I'm glad you are happy with your gift card but if you had stuck to your guns would have eventually gotten what you ordered. Just as I did with the ammo cancel/switch they tried on me.

I did try that and went back and forth even used your wording with the contract. Went to two supervisor who kept repeating that it's I the fine print of the agreement which we all can see easy. I wish I had a full time attorney to do my bidding or at least enough money to get one. I was hoping they would just give in but no dice.

IN that case as long as he has not used or "accepted" the gift card as compensation he can still use this tactic. Surely he still has his receipt.

I did try that and went back and forth even used your wording with the contract. Went to two supervisor who kept repeating that it's I the fine print of the agreement which we all can see easy. I wish I had a full time attorney to do my bidding or at least enough money to get one. I was hoping they would just give in but no dice.

It really took a lot of persistence on my part and it wasn't until I requested to contact their legal department that they finally honored the purchase price. Main thing is to be courteous and respectful but keep shaking the trees. In the end it is cheaper for them to honor the purchase receipt then go to small claims court.
I also agree that this is a regular issue with Cabela's. I won't shop there anymore unless it happens to be in the store but I will rarely go there due to this. Not worth the frustration. Same category as Dicks sporting goods in my mind. JM2C

Hope it works out for you. Really not trying to stir the pot.

Same Black Friday flier I ordered and received a Zeiss 3x15-40 Conquest HD5 for $450 after rebate. I kick myself for not ordering 3 or 4 of them. I did receive what I ordered and thought it was a great deal. Did notice the deal was removed from the website within a day

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.