Cabelas canceled my order

snox801

So cabelas had Nikon monarch m 223 3-12x on sale for $129.00 thanksgiving day. So I jumped all over it and ordered 3 then spread the word. Well got an email last night saying they canceled my order. Wasn't planning on buying that may for all my new ars but now I'm just bummed. They told me I could have the sale price of $349. Oh well.

Yes it was on the website listed at $129.99. After I purchased 3 I got a confirming email and billing data. Then sat I got another email saying it was the wrong pricing. I.e. Pricing error and the would be canceling my order. I email saying I was not happy and they sent back the sale price was supposed to be $349.
What would I be saying to the legal dept if I was to call. I was gonna contact them Monday when the higher up work and see why they don't have to honor the price. Wish they did would have been a hell of a Black Friday sale.

That's what I was expecting to be honest so not a huge deal. I know if in store they have to honor it but online I don't think so. It may be a state law for us in store.

More or less the same...I ordered a scope from Optics Planet on black Friday. With Black Friday discount I ended up paying $633 for a scope listed at $818. Customer Service couldn't (on their computer) get the $633 price. She said to go ahead and order and list in the special instructions box that I wanted the $633 price. So...I got an e-mail showing my purchase at $633 but, I won't celebrate until I have the scope!!

That's what I was expecting to be honest so not a huge deal. I know if in store they have to honor it but online I don't think so. It may be a state law for us in store.

If you are willing to except that then ok. For me if I order something at a certain price, I expect them to honor the purchase agreement. Whether in person or online makes no difference. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Personally I would not except this. I had them try this with me during the ammo shortage when I had an outstanding order for bulk 223. They cancelled my order without telling me then when I called them they said I could reorder the same for twice the price I had a receipt for. Nope!!!!! That is what is called bait and switch. I took it to their legal dept and they finally honored my receipt.

Cabelas is bad about mis-pricing.
I found an estate sale Schofield on Cabelas website for $3K. Been looking for years so I travelled from NC to PA to buy it. Under glass when I got there, I asked the salesman what was wrong with it, why the price was so low. He said nothing wrong with it, that was the price.
I explained to him the gun was worth way more than that, he went to the back room, came back out and insisted that was the price.
So I checked it out, and paid for it, pending transfer.
Obviously I suspected a mistake, but you never know...

A week later when I faxed my FFL dealer info, a manager called me & did his best to explain that the gun was supposed to go to auction, and shouldn't have been sold at yet..
Of course I stood my ground on that one.
I travelled for it, gave them every chance to consider the price/terms, I paid for it, applied/picked up a permit for it, bought a belt/holster, etc..
It's mine.
I figured I was screwed anyway but my argument won somehow & they honored the deal. I'm sure that cost them.

I never saw the 3-12x for $129. Even their flyer had it for far more. The 129 price was for a 1-4x m223. Otherwise I would've gotten myself a few also.

Ya it was online and only the m223 with the bdc. My brother found it on ar15 and passed it on. He bought 2 and I ordered three.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 130
Well made the call they have I written into the fine print they don't have to honor it. But I'm glad I listen to some of you folks cause they sent me a $25 gift cards for my hassle.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts