buying equipment, need help

DanielLudwig

I've shot long for awhile but always had other peoples equipment to use. Time to strike out on my own, soo....i need a chronograph, a ballistics program, and im not sure what else. can you point me in the right direction?
Thanks
Daniel Ludwig

Swaro LRF, either a high power binoculars, or spotting scope. I have a variable power Nikon Binoculars. I have the Swaro LRF also. Very nice for ranging long distance. You should have 1 or 2 tripods to mount your rangefinder and binoculars on. As far as a program is concerned, you can always use JBM calculations and print your range cards. Another option is using an itouch ipod. They offer the FTE Ballistics app that is really nice. Those are the two I use. The FTE is nice because you can carry it in to the field. If you get bored then you can watch movies and listen to music watching for the groundhogs come in.

Tank

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.