Bushnell elite one mile

I have the Bushnell 1 Mile ARC latest (2nd) version with the better glass phase coating for truer color and the better LCD readout. With my first pair the Mojave sun would wash out the orange aiming and data readout. I exchanged it with Bushnell but the buggers asked for an additional $100.!

I do like them and for hunting with a mil dot reticle they are great. You get the exact mil hold for the range and angle of aim IF you program it for your ballistic group (from Bushnell's on-line chart), your zero distance and preference for mils and meters or yards and MOA.

Their glass is good but not great because you are really paying for a good laser rangefinder that is programmable for the above mentioned variables. For the price there is not a better pair of LRF binoculars out there or even one that comes close. I've seen the Steiner LRF binocs and would rather have the Bushnell LRF binocs.

IMO, bite the bullet and save a few more dimes and get the Leica 1600-B. This is what the Bushnell wants to be and tries to imitate. The Leica is no joke. I haven't done extensive testing with mine but I have ranged deer past 800yds, on the back side of dark, past legal shooting light. This was after the season went out and I haven't messed with it much since then.
I owned the Nikon 800 BuckMaster for years and felt privileged if I got it range a deer past 450yds!

Specifications for Bushnell 7x26 Elite 1 Mile ARC Tactical Laser Rangefinder:
Water/Fog Proof: Yes
Rangefinder Range: 5-1760 yds.
Magnification: 7x
Weight oz/gr: 12.1 / 343
Battery Type: 3-volt CR 123 (incl.)
Rangefinder Targeting Modes: Bullseye, Brush
Rangefinder ARC Modes: Rifle HD, Rifle
Tree Ranging Performance: 1000 yds.
Deer Ranging Performance: 500 yds.
Rangefinder Accuracy: +/- 1/2 yds.

As they say, "Buy once, cry once".

The Leica is backwoods legit, don't take no chit, shoot the bastard, shoot the bastard, shoot the bastard quick! :) JohnnyK.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.